SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School
LS 19 7HW
Headteacher: Mr Tom Robertshaw
Number on roll 225
Telephone: 0113 503540
“This is a good school which has a justified reputation among parents for above average standards at the end of Year 6. It offers good value for money” ,……Ofsted Report, 26th June 2007
sspeterandpaulyeadon.org.uk – Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School was officially opened on the 3rd July, 1965 to provide education for children of Catholic families in the locality. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its trust deed and instrument of government, and seeks at all times to witness to Jesus Christ.
Whenever there are more applications than places available, priority will always be given to Catholic applicants in accordance with the oversubscription criteria listed below. In expressing a preference for SS Peter and Paul School, parents/guardians are declaring their support for the aims and ethos of the school.
The governing body has responsibility for admissions to this school and intends to admit 30 pupils to Reception each school year. Places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Looked after children from Catholic families.
(“Looked after child” has the same meaning as in Section 22 of the Children Act 1989, and means any child in the care of a local authority or provided with accommodation by then e.g. children with foster parents)
- Baptised Catholic children who, at the time of application, are resident in the parish of SS Peter and Paul, Yeadon.
- Baptised Catholic children who, at the time of application, are resident in the Tranmere Park Estate, Guisely.
- Other Baptised Catholic children
- Other looked after children
- Children of other Christian denominations or of other Faiths whose parents are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the school and whose application is supported by a minister of religion or an appropriate religious leader.
The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category.
St Mary’s Secondary School, Menston. www.stmarys.co.uk